Call for Applications for Fellows
If you are a visionary leader, who aims to generate ideas for social change in areas such as education, women’s rights, social entrepreneurship, youth, corporate social responsibility, and human rights, we encourage you to apply!
The Lazord partners are pleased to announce the opening of applications to become a 2018-2019 Lazord Fellow. As a Lazord Fellow, you would be joining a multi-dimensional program that seeks to empower its fellows to develop a critical understanding of civic engagement, and to improve their leadership and technical skills for their future careers, regardless of the sector. The program achieves its mission through offering mentoring, providing job opportunities in organizations striving to advance the common good, and creating enriched educational opportunities.
The Lazord fellowship has been running since 2010, when it began in Egypt. It currently has chapters in Egypt, Jordan, and Tunisia, working with over 50 organizations. The fellowship is a yearlong regional program that includes a chance for the chapters and fellows in Egypt, Jordan, and Tunisia to meet all together twice a year. After a competitive recruitment effort, fellows are selected in each of the 3 countries and placed for one year in a local organization. The fellows receive trainings provided by the local Lazord representatives as well as mentorship to help them realize their full potential as responsible leaders.
The Lazord Foundation is pleased to announce that we are including applicants that meet the criteria below coming from: Syria, Yemen, Palestine, Iraq, Sudan, and Libya.
- For public universities graduates: open to all graduates from any branch;
- For private university graduates: need-based scholarship granted for at least 2 years;
- Having graduated in 2016 or after;
- Proven record of being civically engaged;
- Ready to commit to a one-year full-time fellowship starting September 2018;
- Be available to attend the annual regional retreat from September 23 to September 29;
- Be a resident of the country of the fellowship to which you are applying.
- be hosted for one year in a local non-profit organization as a full-time employee;
- receive a living stipend (based on the country) and a modest housing stipend (based on the fellow’s placement and needs);
- be offered a minimum of 10 training sessions by influential civil society leaders and professional trainers on an array of topics surrounding civil society, entrepreneurship management, leadership, team building, business skills, and much more;
- receive monthly mentoring sessions with professional mentors with civil society experience;
- have networking opportunities with professionals and influential individuals from all sectors – both local and international;
- males applying from Egypt have to either be exempted from military service, already received the certificate of exemption, or be done with their service;
- attend the annual opening and closing retreats with the regional cohort of fellows from all 3 countries.
Application deadline: July 1, 2018
|May 7||Call for host organization opens|
|June 1||Application deadline for host organizations|
|June 4||Call for fellows opens|
|July 1||Application deadline for fellows|
|July 10||Interviews begin|
|July 26||Fellows receive notification of acceptance|
|August 13||Matchmaking process between fellows and host organization begins|
|September 23-29||Annual retreat for fellows|
|October 1||Placement begins for new fellows|
|September 2019||End of program|
For more information and to apply, please contact your local Lazord partner listed below:
|Country||Local partner institution||Contact person||Contact person’s email address||Link to application|
|Egypt||Gerhardt Center, AUC||Gerhart Centeremail@example.com||Apply|